[asterisk-biz] Billing?

Alistair Cunningham acunningham at integrics.com
Wed Aug 19 11:56:43 CDT 2009

Bruce,

Enswitch uses Asterisk as a telephony stack so supports the same
connectivity as it does. We have some customers using SS7 and ISUP, but
they are using 3rd party gateways such as Teles with calls exchanged
with Asterisk using SIP. This is what we would recommend for simplicity
and port density considerations. There are SS7 solutions for Asterisk
but we would not recommend them as 3rd party gateways are more mature.

Frankly, interest in connecting TDM trunks to Enswitch declines each
year, and almost all new customers are 100% SIP. Even older customers
are gradually replacing TDM with SIP.

Alistair Cunningham
+1 888 468 3111
+44 20 799 39 799