[asterisk-biz] Dear Termination Providers,

Miles Scruggs asterisk at wideideas.com
Fri Apr 24 22:57:59 CDT 2009

I think you maybe shocked to see what a full rate deck actually looks
like. A complete deck (if it is competitive) can be upwards of 300,000
lines.  If you have a termination provider that is selling US 48 at a
flat rate with no restrictions they either aren't doing it to every
market, or it is way over priced.   (If anyone out there wants to
terminate the US 48 with no restrictions for $0.01/min I have a little
over 1,000,000 per day to send you)

What really gets me is all the different ways that international is
done, and the fact that most sheets give you names instead of dialing
codes.  Names are next to useless when trying to rate a call and every
carrier has a different name for each dialing code compared to the
next carrier out there.  In short being competitive with your rates,
and billing calls isn't not trivial which is why some billing software
alone runs upwards of $100,000.

None of these are great reasons for not publishing a deck, but the
average person buying termination doesn't want to bother with a
300,000 line long rate deck.

Cheers,

Miles