[asterisk-biz] Dear Termination Providers,

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Fri Apr 24 16:56:08 CDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-04-24 at 14:35 -0700, John Todd wrote:
>    It is almost always contradictory to provider's best interests to
> make their rate sheets easy to import or understand.   Here's a
> document set that I wrote a while back in the hopes that I could beat
> providers up into giving me the correct rate table data in a format I
> could use:
>
>    http://www.loligo.com/asterisk/misc/rates/

I dunno, if people are providing a good service at a fair price, then
its in the providers interest to make it easier, not harder, for more
people to get that info and thus use that provider.  The higher the
hurdles are for a customer to work with the provider, the fewer total
customers that provider is going to have.

I for example will not sign an NDA to get a rate list, so any provider
that asks for one is immediately ruled out - and I am not the only
one.

Even if the service is more expensive, if the quality, support, etc is
there, people will pay the higher price.  Perhaps not everyone, but that
gives providers the opportunity to have a tiered or multi-branded setup.
For example a wholesale backend with 2 or more front ends, one with a
higher price, with only quality routes, functioning caller id, and a
support team that can be contacted quickly and easily, and another that
is only  for people that look at price and care little about any of the
other stuff.  They can even look like they are competing with
themselves, and let the consumer decide what level of service they want
and get more customers.

But then I am weird that way.

pgp key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8AE5C721