[asterisk-biz] Asterisk on Mac OS X...newbie questions

Rob Lith rob at connection-telecom.com
Thu Apr 23 13:01:57 CDT 2009

On 23 Apr 2009, at 19:43, Rick Dwyer wrote:

>>> OK, so asterisk can read callerid back to the caller.... what if the
>>> caller is calling from a different line... can they be given the
>>> option to enter their phone number?
>>
>> Yes.
>> You can either use dialplan or AGI scripting for that.
>>
>> You can interface with Mysql using the MYSQL app
>>
>> "core show application MYSQL"
>
> Thank you.
> Last question... I think.
>
> I downloaded version 1.4.11 from the site mezzo.net/asterisk/ as this
> is the site a google search returned when I looked up Asterisk for the
> Mac.
>
> Is this the same version listed from asterisk.org?  Or are the
> asterisk.org versions Linux only?  The reason I ask is I would like a
> GUI interface, but don't see one available from mezzo.net.
>
> --Rick

I don't think you'll get much support or have much luck with Asterisk
on a Mac for any production environment. You can't get any of the
interface cards to connect to the PSTN going on a Mac. I's a Mac fan
and only use them, but our Asterisk systems are on Linux - as 99.9% of
every other install.

Regards
Rob