[asterisk-biz] Asterisk on Mac OS X...newbie questions

Rick Dwyer rdwyer at quick-link.com
Thu Apr 23 12:43:00 CDT 2009

On Apr 23, 2009, at 1:25 PM, Stephane Bakhos wrote:

>>> Not can Asterisk do that, but it can read the callerID and ask if
>>> they
>>> want to remove *that* number. Filemaker, I don't know but it can
>>> talk
>>> to a mysql database or just write the number to be removed to a
>>> file.
>>> Not too complicated.
>>
>> OK, so asterisk can read callerid back to the caller.... what if the
>> caller is calling from a different line... can they be given the
>> option to enter their phone number?
>
> Yes.
> You can either use dialplan or AGI scripting for that.
>
> You can interface with Mysql using the MYSQL app
>
> "core show application MYSQL"

Thank you.
Last question... I think.

I downloaded version 1.4.11 from the site mezzo.net/asterisk/ as this
is the site a google search returned when I looked up Asterisk for the
Mac.

Is this the same version listed from asterisk.org?  Or are the
asterisk.org versions Linux only?  The reason I ask is I would like a
GUI interface, but don't see one available from mezzo.net.

--Rick