[asterisk-biz] PRI dropped calls, D channel traces, and more

Mitul Limbani mitul at enterux.com
Wed Apr 1 22:58:01 CDT 2009

Hi harry,

Over the past 1+ year I have encountered similar issue as u saying,
bad HDLC and the line resets dropping all the calls on the line.

After diagnosis of each different case I got the following reasons:

1) the card is conflicting with some other resource on the pc, 90%
time it conflicts with either the USB controller or Ethernet
controller, try disabling these hardware or try different PCI slots or
in some cases I have tried entirely different PC and the line drop
issue disappeared.

Cat /proc/interupts

2) Use Xorcom's AstriBank although it is bit exp and doesnt have
onboard echo cancellation v/s PCI cards but you dont have worry about
PCI slots n stuff anymore, no line drop due to HDLC has been reported
by any of my customers using the Xorcom hardware.

3) If you did 1 and still facing issue raise a support ticket with
Sangoma they would definitely fix or provide cure

4) based on 1 and 3 you can go back to telco and get them to layout
the Fibre once again from their junction box, coz then your line is
failing due to physical disturbance in line, and this is something
which the tester unit is capable to withstand, but not asterisk. So
although they show you line perfectly ok on their tester units it
would fail after unpredictable time delay on asterisk.(make sure you
fix 1 and 3 before doing this or else you loose reputation in front of
customer and telco both)

Let me know,

Regards,
Mitul Limbani,