[asterisk-biz] Asterisk and OpenSer support in Spain

Chris Bagnall lists at minotaur.cc
Mon Sep 22 15:58:54 CDT 2008

>   I don't think the economy in England is that better off than the rest of
> Europe...  didn't they have to suspend short selling altogether last week in
> their stock exchange?, as one of the measures to stop market dive?

Yes, on a specific share issue (HBOS), which was being systematically destroyed by gamblers "playing" with the stock market, for want of a better way of putting it.

I think so far the economic slowdown seems to have been limited to businesses involved in house development/buying/selling, and the associated financial institutions.

There seems to have been a certain drying up of consumer credit (credit card limits being reigned in, fewer interest-free offers around, etc.), but commercial credit doesn't seem to have been affected. The companies we use when arranging leasing deals on new systems for our clients don't seem to be rejecting any more applicants than they usually would, and rates don't seem to have gone up.

We certainly haven't seen any drop in sales, even amongst the considerable number of estate agents we deal with (one of them's about to open a new branch, so it can't be *that* bad ;-) ).

Sometimes the media really does talk us into a recession.

Regards,

Chris
--
C.M. Bagnall, Director, Minotaur IT Limited