[asterisk-biz] DID's in Vienna, Austria and Paris, France

John van Oppen john at vanoppen.com
Sat Sep 20 17:27:49 CDT 2008

Germany does not dis-allow them for non citizens (at least as far as I
know).   You just have to have a location presence there.    I live part
of the time in Seattle, WA and part of the time in Berlin, DE and I had
no problem getting a DID they just needed proof of my berlin residence
to get me a berlin number.

In my case sipgate did it with a letter to the address which since I was
not there I had a friend, who has keys to my place to go pickup.    I
register to it with a SIP server in the US and then have my phones in
the Seattle and Berlin both connect back to that SIP server.   If you
can find something that says I am violating the law I would love to see
it (even if it is german).

I would imagine Austria has similar rules as its rules for telecom seem
to be pretty similar to german ones in general.   (same/equivalent
identity papers required to get cell phone contracts, etc)

Thanks,

John van Oppen
Spectrum Networks LLC
206.973.8302 (Direct)