[asterisk-biz] snom m3 questions

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 10:39:45 CDT 2008

2008/9/8 Trixter aka Bret McDanel <trixter at 0xdecafbad.com>:
> For a business like environment what are peoples opinions of the Snom
> M3?  Any SIP oddities?  Any features that generally do not work or
> generally suck?
>
> Is this a good phone for the office or is it more of a home user type in
> terms of performance (its feature list indicates it would be a good
> office phone but feature lists are marketing and marketing sometimes
> misleads).

I believe they are quite popular, but we chose not to use them because
snom have not been consistent in the remote provisioning interface,
and worse than that, the provisioning interface is different to
anything anyone has ever done with a VoIP phone, rendering it
virtually useless for mass deployment.

FYI, I compare the provisioning to Linksys, Aastra, Grandstream,
Polycom, Cisco, and all previous snom devices.

If this has changed since firmware 1.07 I would be interested to know
and will try again.

Regards,
Steve