[asterisk-biz] Common charging patterns for US-based carriers

Nitzan Kon nk3569 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 5 15:25:48 CDT 2008

Most carriers bill based on when the call is answer()'ed even
for international. They should most definitely not bill a call
unless and until the channel is answered.

Having said that, it is very common for grey routes and even
white routes in some countries to false-answer the call, and
only then start ringing. The end result is that you get billed
despite not completing a call, or get billed from the time it
starts ringing rather than the time you start talking. In this
case the provider can do nothing about it as the call indicates
answered.

If this happens only on some countries, it's probably just
grey routes acting up. If it happens with EVERY country,
then it is a problem.

--
Nitzan Kon, CEO
Future Nine Corporation