[asterisk-biz] India Route Available

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Thu Sep 4 21:02:30 CDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 7:42 PM, Trixter aka Bret McDanel
<trixter at 0xdecafbad.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-09-04 at 19:05 -0400, Alex Balashov wrote:
>> Forgive the naivete - what is a white route?
>
> white is fully legal, you generally get CLID and other goodies that way.
>
> Black is not legal, you usually get random drop outs, the carrier
> randomly drops the route, etc.  This includes everything from stolen
> service, people getting service on credit and not paying their bill,
> operation in places where its not legal to do voip so they obfuscate
> where the call originated from, etc.
>
> Grey is somewhere in between, its shady but not overtly illegal and the
> quality can be sketchy.  These can also vanish instantly without
> warning.  Some times its just an abuse of a stupid carrier who will
> figure things out at some point, and sometimes they use clever games to
> reduce the price of the call through methods that may not always work.
>
> With that said there are some black routes that have amazing quality,
> there are some white that have poor quality.
>

> --
> Trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com     Bret McDanel
> Belfast +44 28 9099 6461        US +1 516 687 5200
> http://www.trxtel.com the phone company that pays you!

I have yet to hear someone out and out say they are selling a "black route".

I hear "gray" frequently, and in some countries where VoIP is still
totally illegal, they still say "gray".

Pretty funny stuff, but I guess there may be some plausible denial
issues in wording.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro