[asterisk-biz] Why so many international customers ask for free samples

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Mon Oct 27 12:24:27 CDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-10-27 at 10:13 +0800, Andy Spring wrote:
> Do you think the way of "Charger first, Return later after placing
> bulk order"  is possible?
> But I think, if they are true and serious customer, they will agree
> this policy, if you are customer,
> do you agree this way.

I think to a point its a way to see how solvent a company is.  If they
are so stingy they wont give 10 minutes or maybe even more for testing,
then it sends a message that they may not be in business in the coming
months.  I do not know if this is a real reason but think about some
other industries, do you pay for the gas in the tank when you test drive
that new car?  I see it to a point as the same principle, if you are a
real customer do you want to arrange payments to 100 people testing over
and over because one after another had some issue?

Now I can see the need for some type of vetting system on the
sales/marketing side of the seller, since they dont want to just give
free credit over and over and over again to the same people who use that
rather than paying for anything ever, but ...  Plus its a sales gimmick
if its not advertised that you can give free test credit, upon request
you tell the customer "we will make a special agreement for you" or some
such, which it is special since its not automagic for everyone, but its
not that special because maybe you do it for everyone that asks, it can
make the customer feel more important and thus more confident with their
purchase.

Belfast +44 28 9099 6461        US +1 516 687 5200