[asterisk-biz] Why so many international customers ask for free samples

Tim Panton thp at westhawk.co.uk
Sat Oct 25 05:57:41 CDT 2008

One way we tried was to make a specific 'trial version' of the product.
The trial version is hobbled in some way which makes it unusable
for longterm use but still usable for evaluation.

In particular you want to make it _unsaleable_ to an end user.
'Trial Version' in big red letters on the case or startup screen is one
way to do that, or some sort of time limit on the functionality.

The other way to weed out non-serious people is to have
an official evaluation application form where they have to
state what their evaluation criteria will be - then at least
you know what they are looking for.

In the end however the best thing is to require an official
order form or deposit before you ship anything. You return
the deposit when they return the goods or when they buy.

Tim.