[asterisk-biz] Mobile calling in Europe

randulo spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 12:17:37 CDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 6:50 PM, Trixter aka Bret McDanel
<trixter at 0xdecafbad.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-10-16 at 18:39 +0200, randulo wrote:
> When I was in Ireland I used meteor to call a US based system that used
> early media to play an announcement and all that to the caller.  Meteor

This is definitely going to date me, but in the old, old days, when a
call between distant US States was really prohibitive, people used to
invent simple codes for "I got back ok". They'd make a collect, person
to person call to their family number for "Al okay" for example,
meaning all is ok. You could often place a sentence or two while the
operator asked whether the person would accept the charges, which of
course they always refused :)