[asterisk-biz] Multi-Tenant Platform

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Mon Oct 13 15:41:42 CDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 3:37 PM, Stephen Wingfield <steve at bicom.us> wrote:

> Bicom Systems Multi-Tenant Edition is now being promoted to Service
> Providers across North America:
>
> Some of the standard features included are:
>
> ..    Unlimited Tenants, Unlimited Extensions
> ..    One Interface
> ..    Single IP address required
> ..    Single Server Setup with Optional Redundancy or Cluster
> ..    Co-Branding
> ..    Multi-Language
> ..    Admin Interface
> ..    Customer's end users self-care interface
> ..    Individual: Extension Numbers and Digits, Call Groups, Dial Plans
> Etc.
> ..    Management of each individual Tenant Package, DIDs, Trunks, CDRs
> ..    Cool Feautres such as integration of cellphones as extensions
> ..    API for Easy Integrations
>
> http://www.bicomsystems.com/home/C/P/731/143_3814/
>
> If you are interested either as a user or a reseller of this and other
> products feel free to contact us offline.
> sales 'at' bicomsystems [dot] c*m

First, let me say that while a great selling buzzword, "UNLIMITED", there is
no such thing.  Everything has a limit.  I would rather see 500,000 (just
throwing out a number) than "UNLIMITED" which I know is a lie.

I know it is common practice not to list prices because I know prices vary
greatly by the customer (how much money you can get out of them, most, I
suspect), configuration, quantitiy price breaks, VAR programs, features,
discounts, and whatever, but I generally see that with large companies with
aggressive sales channels.

Go to www.computertraining.com and put in your info and take their (simple)
test. and be prepared to be called daily, even if you tell them to stop
calling you.

It would be refreshing to see some rough, per seat, per license, per
anything pricing, maybe it is there, but I didn't see anything, not even a
calculator.

A cursory glance of your site lists no such pricing. at all.  Maybe it is
me, but I refrain from calling or pursuing a product or service that gives
no pricing details unless I am buying something really high end and
customized.

No doubt your products are high end, but they are based in/on OpenSource
technology after all, you are no Avaya.

Just a thought, but a calculator or per seat pricing posted on the site
would make me, and people like me (if there are any) click through a bit to
see your offerings...  Maybe I would even make a purchase.  Instead, I close
your tab.

Normally, if prices aren't listed, it means I am going to get called over
and over trying to sell me something that I had a bit of interest in, at
least enough to click and enter some info such as my email or a phone number
(which is usually Dominoes or Pizza Hut because of these sales tactics)

After the second call, you are not going to get my business, even if your
product is great.  The first call to see if I want any additional info, and
a second call a month or two later just to touch base (same goes with email
soliciting).

Anything other than, "hey this is so and so, from such and such.  I see that
you may have had interest in one of our products and was wondering if there
are any questions you may have."

I will listen to that, and maybe even have a question if you catch me at a
good time and in a good mood.

Any hard sell approach gets you on the blacklist, no questions asked.

--
Thanks,
Steve Totaro