[asterisk-biz] Colocated Asterisk Server

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Fri Oct 3 17:06:58 CDT 2008

Chris Bagnall wrote:

> I was thinking specifically of the scenario where one might have PSTN
> termination in the UK, customers in the UK, but phone servers in the US.
> You'd have the latency of the customer's (usually *DSL) connection to
 > the US, then the (hopefully much lower) latency back to the PSTN
provider
> in the UK. I doubt you'd be able to do it under 100ms end-to-end.

Yep, sounds about right.

Although, depending on what sort of product you're providing, 100ms may
not be a show-stopper;  it certainly isn't for the calling-card folks.
   If the cost-savings of colocating in the US scale massively, it may
be worth it.

But no, if you're providing phone service out of the UK, to the UK,
looping it through the US is absurd, in principle.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems