[asterisk-biz] US/Canada DID Providers who expose full DID inventory

Sales sales at voicenetwork.ca
Wed Oct 1 10:37:09 CDT 2008

Hi

VoiceNetwork.ca will allow you to browse the list of available DID's that
are in-stock
and ready to be provisioned.

    1 expose full DID for inventory
                   - After your account has been verified with payment

    2 immediate provisioning of in-stock DIDs
                    - Yes
    3 have good quality, reliability and are responsive
                   - Yes
    4 Have an API
                  - No (within next 4 months)
    5 offer per-minute pricing, competitive pricing
                  - Yes
    6 prepaid
                 - Yes , no dialer traffic

Voice Network Inc
http://www.VoiceNetwork.ca

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 4:06 AM, <voip-asterisk at maximumcrm.com> wrote:

> >> I am now 35 years old, My english sucks, I was born and raised and went
> to school in
> >> Pakistan btw, Can u speak a few words from any other languages that I
> speak btw including
> >> Hindi, Urdu, Punjabi, Sindhi, Memoni btw ?
> >
> > I was not looking to make this an ad-hominem issue or an egotistical
> > contest.  There is certainly no question in mind that because you are
> > frmo the south/southeast Asian region of the world, you are bound to
> > know more languages, including ones which would be considered rather
> > exotic in the European and North American world and therefore, indeed,
> > ones that I would be unlikely to speak.
> >
> > Your response about being a poor English speaker is a nonsequitur,
> > meaning a conclusion that has no evidentiary relationship to the
> > premises used to support it.  The character of this mailing list - and
> > the open-source oriented VoIP community - is an international one.  The
> > fact that many members of this list are non-native English speakers and
> > may encounter difficulties with proper grammar, spelling, vocabulary
> > usage, etc. is widely understood and appreciated for its implications,
> > and foreigners who encounter those liabilities are forgiven for
> > precisely those reasons.  Nobody - including myself - is here to be a
> > language snob.  We have business to conduct.
> >
> > The tendency for which you are being repeatedly called out is not one
> > for which being a foreigner is a useful or plausible defense.  It is
> > that you are _lazy_ - lazy to a point that undermines the effectiveness,
> > plausibility, authority, credibility, or marketing value of your
> > business-related communication.
> >
> > This is a problem you have in common with many businesspeople and other
> > speakers of English for whom it is a native language;  being a foreigner
> > has absolutely nothing to do with it, and you cannot hide behind that.
> > There are many foreigners who post on this list and elsewhere who
> > outperform you in the area of communication despite English skills
> > vastly inferior to your own.
> >
> > You cannot reasonably claim, for example, that a message ridden with "u"
> > in place of "you" is a consequence of the encumbrance you face as a
> > non-native English speaker.   All told, the general appearance of your
> > messages -- including this latest one, in a rather extreme way -- is
> > consistent with an amateur and unsophisticated narrative voice, and that
> > is the perception that you are fostering among your audience.
> >
> > The difference between your missives and those written by other
> > foreigners whose English is somewhat lacking is that many of the latter
> > exhibit evidence of having actually _tried_.  If they know they are
> > going to make mistakes that impede comprehension, they will have their
> > grammar and orthography proofread.  They do not use juvenile conventions
> > such as "u" ("text speak") that further undermine the already
> > beleaguered communicative value of the message.  Is typing "you" really
> [...]

-Sales
-Voice Network Inc.