[asterisk-biz] How to live in this world without job

Andrew Kohlsmith (lists) aklists at mixdown.ca
Tue Nov 11 18:32:38 CST 2008

On November 11, 2008 10:08:49 am Steve Totaro wrote:
> Sorry, they do have a purpose, and some are very fair, but having gone
> through them many times over the years, I conclude they are mostly
> comparable to a tick, leech, or worst case, a tape worm.

This is an unfair stereotype.  I have had the pleasure of working with a few
headhunters who have placed me where I would have never been able to find
work on my own.  Not because I'm incompetent, but rather because
their "reach" is so much wider than mine. Yes, their cut is very high in my
opinion, but I am by and large very happy to work with them.

I find that if you take the time to establish a good working relationship with
them, and if you establish clear expectations and can demonstrate your
capabilities, you end up with an excellent resource for finding varied and
challenging work.

Remember you can always turn down their offers, but why would you write off
the entire industry? I am happy to work in a dozen industries rather than
just one.

-A.