[asterisk-biz] extra capacity for Romania proper

Vlasis Hatzistavrou (KTI) vhatz at kinetix.gr
Thu Nov 6 08:46:05 CST 2008

Hello,

Regarding the preference for N. American traffic thanks for the
clarification. In comparison with the peak-off peak model it makes sense.

Now regarding the market average: almost everyone's market average
reference is Arbinet nowdays. Using this market as well as
offers/targets from other carriers, one can find Romania Mobile Cosmorom
in the range of $0.03/min, with around 40% and ACD of more than 5 mins.
This is almost half the price that you quote for your route ($0.059/min).

The situation is similar for Orange at around $0.04/min, although for
Vodafone your rate is competitive. For landlines decent quality seems to
begin from $0.0140 to $0.0145.

Of course, let me make clear that these routes' quality (which are
refiles) may not be even remotely comparable to your offered quality.
You have an in-country direct SS7 interconnection and nothing else can
compete with that, price-wize.

It's just that the above mentioned routes from the general market
present a good/acceptable wholesale quality as compared to your far
superior retail oriented quality. And for this reason, they appear more
suitable for most potential buyers.

In other words, the problem that I needed to point out is that nowdays,
both retail VoIP providers as well as wholesale carriers are extremely
price oriented. Unfortunately, it appears that superior quality means
nothing to them, as long as the route performs nominally and the price
is right (right=very very low for most carriers).

Since there are other carriers selling the same destination at a
considerably lower price then perhaps you need to consider your offered
price because quality alone is not sufficient for any carrier to pay
$0.059/min. You can probably lower it a bit more (or a lot more) since
others are selling the same route a lot lower, just to appear a bit more
competitive.

Anyway, this is just a friendly discussion that is probably going
off-topic in this list. Let's continue it off-list and if anyone wants
to join in we'll keep them in the loop with cc's.

Best regards,
Vlasis Hatzistavrou
Kinetix Tele.com International Inc.
306 Victoria House,