[asterisk-biz] Lost job in this economic risk

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Wed Nov 5 20:02:33 CST 2008

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 8:52 PM, Trixter aka Bret McDanel <
trixter at 0xdecafbad.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2008-11-06 at 14:43 +1300, Matt Riddell wrote:
>
> > I'm really sorry, but unless it has something to do with Asterisk, it's
> > not really appropriate for this list.
> >

> most companies that are selling voip related services have needs for
> graphics people, the corel draw stuff may be relevant.  But that would
> be about it, and that would be limited of course.  The petition for a
> job seemed more to me like someone left themselves logged in at
> university or something as it didnt seem professional or even that
> serious or well thought out.  More of just a spur of the moment type
> thing.
>

> > If you're in China (I seem to remember you being - please don't take
> > offence if I'm wrong), then maybe you could do something that takes
> > advantage of a free trade deal (i.e. convincing someone to get products
> > from your country instead of another).
> >
> in that case the international trade stuff seemed appropriate to this
> list given the quantity of goods that are made in china and exported.  I
> do believe even the digim cards are done this way.
>

> --
> Trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com     Bret McDanel
> Belfast +44 28 9099 6461        US +1 516 687 5200
> http://www.trxtel.com the phone company that pays you!

This is Andy's writing style.

Andy, it is always darkest before dawn.  Think positive and look at
everything as a possibility.  I don't know about China but I know some taxi
drivers, both Gypsy and official (if they own the car) who make a very good
living (I only mention this since you said you can drive).  Maybe you could
provide transportation services to make living money, and look for a niche
or other forms of income.

Anyways, I am sorry to hear about you losing your job.  You have always
posted to this list in such honesty, like we are your closest friends.

Good luck Andy, I am sure you will make it, just do your best at whatever
you do, and sleep well knowing you did what you could that day.  Best
wishes.

--
Thanks,
Steve Totaro