[asterisk-biz] Lost job in this economic risk

Matt Riddell lists at venturevoip.com
Wed Nov 5 19:43:57 CST 2008

On 6/11/2008 2:09 p.m., Andy Spring wrote:
> I have lost my job in this economic risk, what should I do, I can do
> international trade and also I can do photo coreldraw for photo drawing and
> I can also drive, anyone is willing to employ me. :(

What country do you live in?

Did you get made redundant or fired?

Can your employer fire you?

Did you have an employment contract?

I'm really sorry, but unless it has something to do with Asterisk, it's
not really appropriate for this list.

Maybe you could try job sites (http://www.asterisk-jobs.com/ if you're
experienced with Asterisk).

If you're in China (I seem to remember you being - please don't take
offence if I'm wrong), then maybe you could do something that takes
advantage of a free trade deal (i.e. convincing someone to get products
from your country instead of another).

You will seriously need to be positive if you're trying to get a job.

No sad faces.

What is it you do that others can't do?

Why are you better than other people at what you can do?

Think about it from the position of the employer.  There are lots of
jobs available, but people want to be sure they are employing the right
person.

If there isn't something that you believe you can do better than other
people then try to do some learning on a topic (i.e. learn 110% about an
Open Source product).

If you were fired rather than made redundant (i.e. you can't afford food
etc anymore) then you'll have to take the first job you come across, and
upskill (i.e. learn more) during the nights until you can apply for
another job.

Sorry I can't be more help, but it's not really related to Asterisk :)

The most important thing to remember is to stay positive!

--
Kind Regards,

Matt Riddell
Director