[asterisk-biz] virtualphoneline.com & DIDX.net

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed May 21 14:56:06 CDT 2008

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 03:00:58PM -0400, SIP wrote:
> I actually came up out of Usenet, but gave up those archaic habits when
> they... you know... became archaic. Some call it progress. I call it
> evolution.

You can predict what the reader is using?

Cause I can't.

> I use mutt still on occasion (and elm on old machines) when I'm forced
> in through a term window. But for the most part, I, and a huge majority
> of actual living, breathing humans, find such things tedious and
> needlessly arcane. While there's something to be said for honouring
> traditions, there's also something to be said for not adhering to
> outmoded methods of communication for the sake of proving one's digital
> upbringing.
>
> I wear my evolution as a badge of honour. ;)

For my part, I consider knowing that the reader will read precisely
what I wrote, not what some random mail client author thought would be
a Pretty Neat Way to render it, randomly, to be a good thing, myself.

> :wq

Hee.

Cheers,
-- jr 'r-wars are fun, aren't they?' a