[asterisk-biz] Simulating 911 ANI/ALI

asterisk_help at iwishi.nu asterisk_help at iwishi.nu
Sat Mar 29 06:13:03 CDT 2008

On Sat, 29 Mar 2008, Si Tai Fan wrote:
> Can anyone suggest how I can simulate a 911 call with a ALI (Automatic
> Numbering Information) over SIP to Asterisk? Will Asterisk be able to receive
> this information?

OK, first... I think of asterisk as "the telephoney toolkit" rather than a
PBX.  The answer to "can asterisk do that" is always yes. But somethings
are easier to do. Recall you have source code so you can do anything.

ALI != Automatic NUMBERING Information

What you are asking about is huge!  I think standards are still emerging
so you really need to define exactly what you want.

Try reviewing these publications first:
http://www.its.dot.gov/ng911/ng911_pubs.htm

Esp look over: NG9-1-1 System Description and Requirements Document

Then use google and the following terms: "LoST sip 911 i3 ecrit"

  -Eric Osterberg
  -Sound Choice Communications LLC
    Minnesota, US