[asterisk-biz] ITSP Billing Increments....?

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Fri Mar 28 18:27:20 CDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 22:00 +0000, Linus Surguy wrote:
> > We've been using carriers that bill 1/1, and the quality hasn't been too
> > good, lots of 503's etc. We just started testing with someone else that
> > offers much better ASR's (they failover internally between qwest, global
> > crossing etc), but they bill 30/6. According to THEM, only companies that
> > can't offer top quality routes bill 1/1.
>
> Well, I can't speak for the US, but as far as Europe is concerned that is
> complete nonsense. All the top tier operators in Europe bill per second.

Yeah this is largely a US conversation based on the initial poster,
although its not bad to comment on how carriers in other parts of the
world do it for comparison.  Back in the 80s many carriers refused to do
business service in the US with less than 6/6, I think MCI was the first
to offer that to compete with AT&T who was doing 60/60 at the time.
They claimed at the time they couldnt do less because their billing
systems wouldnt let them, the custom written billing systems that they
have ...

Belfast +44 28 9099 6461        US +1 516 687 5200