[asterisk-biz] ITSP Billing Increments....?

C. Savinovich c.savinovich at itntelecom.com
Fri Mar 28 20:32:12 CDT 2008

 Let's put it in even simpler terms.  True story by the way: Spain cellular
sells for 19cents per minute the cheapest anyone can find (this is only an
example)... So I calculate I can resell for 23cents per minute.  But then
everybody tells me that they prefer to buy from X, who was selling at 18
cents.  It took me time to figure it out, but now I know: I billed at 6
cents increments and they billed at 60 seconds increments, and probably
their minutes lasted 55 seconds.  It worked for them beautifully since
average length of a call on that route was 6 minutes.

  Conclusion: the cheapest quality routes charge 30/30 or 60/60 to cover for
the cheaper price you think you are getting.

C. Savinovich