[asterisk-biz] activex softphone

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Thu Mar 27 13:38:02 CDT 2008

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 1:13 PM, Tim Panton <thp at westhawk.co.uk> wrote:

>  On 21 Mar 2008, at 10:38, Andor Czafik (Akakiko) wrote:
>
>  > Hi!
>  >
>  > I need control (answer, and call) sip phone from web browser, and the
>  > best is, (i think) the activex softphone.
>  > What is the best, and cheaper(or free) activex softphone?
>  > Thanks
>  > Andor
>  >
>  > ________________
>
>  Does it have to be SIP ? Would IAX do ?
>  Do you care about the other 25% of users who use Firefox or Macs?
>  Will your users agree to install an activeX control ?
>
>  Tim.
>
>  www.phonefromhere.com

IAX is junk.  Never figured out what causes the quality to be so poor,
maybe it is simultaneous usage, maybe it is trunking enabled, maybe it
is just junk.

It seems to work OK for single calls to boxes taking single calls but
beyond that, the audio is so bad it is not even worth the time trying
to figure it out.

SIP still rules.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro