[asterisk-biz] activex softphone

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Thu Mar 27 12:35:39 CDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-27 at 17:13 +0000, Tim Panton wrote:
> On 21 Mar 2008, at 10:38, Andor Czafik (Akakiko) wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > I need control (answer, and call) sip phone from web browser, and the
> > best is, (i think) the activex softphone.
> > What is the best, and cheaper(or free) activex softphone?
> > Thanks
> > Andor
> >
> > ________________
>
> Does it have to be SIP ? Would IAX do ?
> Do you care about the other 25% of users who use Firefox or Macs?
> Will your users agree to install an activeX control ?

firefox in windows can do activex with a plugin.  This also works with
wine, and I think transgaming the makers of cedega (based on the
original MIT licensed wine) are the ones responsible for it.

The final one is probably the biggest, if its not signed its unlikely to
be trusted by many, so there is an additional fee for that.  Even if it
is signed many may not want to do that or their corporate security
policy restricts it.

Belfast +44 28 9099 6461        US +1 516 687 5200