[asterisk-biz] Opinions requested: message blasting

randulo spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 09:45:13 CDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 2:29 PM, Dean Collins <Dean at cognation.net> wrote:
> I got a robo-call from Duane Reade (pharmacy chain in the USA), saying that
> one of my scripts was up for renewal that week and provided the nearest
> address for pickup.

Reminds me of the classic scene from "One Foot in the Grave". He's
sitting in the waiting area of a large pharmacy and the PA system
calls: "Mr Meldrew, your hemorrhoid prescription is waiting for you at
the counter. Mr Meldrew".

WRT the thread subject, I've had a few short spit blasts ("only three
more days for our special blah") which I find obnoxious and would
report if it were possible but it's not easy to see where they come
from. Fortunately, asterisk doesn't ring us at just any hour of the
day since I'm at least 6 hours ahead of most of these.