[asterisk-biz] Opinions requested: message blasting

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Wed Jun 25 07:50:56 CDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-06-25 at 08:29 -0400, Dean Collins wrote:
> I got a robo-call from Duane Reade (pharmacy chain in the USA), saying
> that one of my scripts was up for renewal that week and provided the
> nearest address for pickup.
>

> I was chuffed enough about it to write a blog pos a few months back.
>
> http://deancollinsblog.blogspot.com/2008/05/duane-reade-robo-call.html
>
> I think it was brilliant.

That isnt something I knew about when I was commenting on the online
pharmacy, but yes generally I think that is a good idea, particularly
since people are busy, some medications or conditions cause people to
forget things and often lapses in medication can be dangerous.

Scripts.com iirc is the online one that uses the same thing to say "its
on its way" I think they also do it based on return receipt stuff, which
if you do enough you can probably get online notices from usps.com.  I
got one of their calls, which really is just a recording.

The ones I liked more were the appointment ones that first make you
press some numbers indicating that you are the intended receiptient.
Then they will tell you that your appt is tomorrow, and you have to
press something to acknowledge it, if you dont it gets canceled.  This
coincides with the 24 hour cancelation policy as well, since its the day
before usually if you dont acknowledge the appointment you arent billed
for a missed one.

A huge percent of americans are over the age of 50 now.  Many will be
taking medications, seeing doctors, and forgetting to get refills or
show up for appointments.  By implementing these types of systems it
helps a lot of people.  Even by reducing the number of people required
in the office to see the same number of patients that means that they
arent as busy and can acutally focus a little more on patient care and
not making phone calls to inform someone that they didnt show up at all
to the office as scheduled.

Really this service is just a "hotel wake up call" on steroids, another
use for the same software :)

Belfast +44 28 9099 6461        US +1 516 687 5200