[asterisk-biz] New faxing protocol. Good/Bad ?

Miles Scruggs asterisk at wideideas.com
Thu Jun 12 13:18:13 CDT 2008

You don't actually need to have a protocol to implement a desired
result.  T.38 was great in theory, but it still has the same
limitations that are part of UDP etc.  You get enough noise or packet
loss and the transmission will fail.  We got around the problem by
using t.38 on the local lans, and on backbones, but converted to http
in between those.  This drove the failures down near 0.

Miles