[asterisk-biz] PBX Functionality for Less than the Price of a KeySystem (3Com Asterisk IP Telephony Appliance)

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Thu Jun 5 11:04:36 CDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-06-05 at 11:50 -0400, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 04:33:40PM +0200, Trixter aka Bret McDanel wrote:
> > > I did, in fact, point out that the issue is reliability generally; I
> > > didn't say "provide support"; I said "doesn't break as much".
> >
> > wow and now you will lie about it?  Well I gotta remember who I am
> > talking to, this isnt the first time you have lied on this list,
> > probably wont be the last.  Usually it occurs when you change arguments
> > and refuse to admit any type of error.
> >
> > http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-biz/2008-June/026823.html
> > "Supporting this is not cheap. Someone has to pay for it."
>
> Supporting [the service and reliability expectations placed on business
> telephony equipment] is not cheap.
>
> Way to selectively quote, there, Bret.

I quoted where you talked about service the 2nd time, not both the first
time.  And I did specifically state that you did mention reliability,
just not as much.  Further this does prove that you did say provide
support, perhaps not in those words but the same content.  I also
provided people with an easy way to locate the exact thing you said so
they could confirm it for themselves.

You have not disputed my assertion that you did say support, say it more
often and taking up more space in your email than reliability, even
though you asserted that you never said that.

Way to deflect the issue there Jay.

> > And hey its this thread even, and yes you did say something about providing
> > support, you briefly mentioned reliability, but emphasised support mentioning
> > that more places in that email.  An email that took multiple attempts to get
> > you to explain why in your opinion most people on this list are too stupid to
> > know this secret knowledge.
>
> It's not *my* fault no one on this list understandswhy telephony
> equipment costs more.  :-)

based on the responses for others it would seem that they do, despite
your assertion that most do not, and your initial reluctance to tell
people why.

> You are being *awfully* fast and loose with the word "liar", Bret.
> *I*, for my part, would not patronize any business whose public face
> was so intemperate.

you said that you didnt say something, I showed that you did, in my book
saying something that is not true is a lie.  You lied, thus you are a
liar.  I dont see how this is even open for debate, other than now that
you got caught, you are once again pretending that your lies dont make
you a liar.  Just as you did last time you got caught on this list lying
to people.

> I believe people have been chastised by 'management' on these lists for
> attacks recently; I think you're next in line.

oh goodie threats.  Whatever you have proven my point better than I ever
could, you are a liar and I dont know how many could trust you in
business given that you would lie about something so trivial.

> And go read Andrew Kohlsmith's exceptionally cogent reply; clearly, I
> am not just raving in the dark; I merely didn't see fit to invest the
> energy in posting a reply to *you*, since this was what I would have
> gotten in response, anyway.

Yes you would have gotten this response from me when you lie, I find it
amusing that you found so much time to write all this about your lies,
but you couldnt find the time initially to just avoid it in the first
place.  When you lie and get caught you have to accept that occasionally
people will catch it and not just let it slide without comments.

But hey you did do this to yourself, so you have no one to blame but
yourself.  If you didnt lie, the lie wouldnt have been caught, it
wouldnt have been pointed at, illuminated for all to see, it would have
instead never happened.

So all I can say is you have lied multiple times on this list, you have
denied those lies later on, and you have been caught doing it, you have
proved your skills.  This probably wont be the last time you do this
here either, I certainly wouldnt hold my breath for you to be an honest
person.

Belfast +44 28 9099 6461        US +1 516 687 5200