[asterisk-biz] PBX Functionality for Less than the Price of a KeySystem (3Com Asterisk IP Telephony Appliance)

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Jun 5 10:50:18 CDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 04:33:40PM +0200, Trixter aka Bret McDanel wrote:
> > I did, in fact, point out that the issue is reliability generally; I
> > didn't say "provide support"; I said "doesn't break as much".
>
> wow and now you will lie about it?  Well I gotta remember who I am
> talking to, this isnt the first time you have lied on this list,
> probably wont be the last.  Usually it occurs when you change arguments
> and refuse to admit any type of error.
>
> http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-biz/2008-June/026823.html
> "Supporting this is not cheap. Someone has to pay for it."

Supporting [the service and reliability expectations placed on business
telephony equipment] is not cheap.

Way to selectively quote, there, Bret.

> And hey its this thread even, and yes you did say something about providing
> support, you briefly mentioned reliability, but emphasised support mentioning
> that more places in that email.  An email that took multiple attempts to get
> you to explain why in your opinion most people on this list are too stupid to
> know this secret knowledge.

It's not *my* fault no one on this list understandswhy telephony
equipment costs more.  :-)

> > Well, I suspect everyone on this list whose opinion I care about will
> > read my posting, and your reply, and make their own decisions who's a
> > crank, and who's not.
>
> I hope so, again your past posts come back to haunt you, again you will
> argue with people changing your position anytime you hit a road block,
> and again you got caught doing it.
>
> I know that I wouldnt trust anyone in business that has lied publicly on
> multiple occasions.

You are being *awfully* fast and loose with the word "liar", Bret.
*I*, for my part, would not patronize any business whose public face
was so intemperate.

I believe people have been chastised by 'management' on these lists for
attacks recently; I think you're next in line.

And go read Andrew Kohlsmith's exceptionally cogent reply; clearly, I
am not just raving in the dark; I merely didn't see fit to invest the
energy in posting a reply to *you*, since this was what I would have
gotten in response, anyway.

Cjeers,
-- jra

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.