[asterisk-biz] Any Cellular Phone Related Businesses in CanadaInterested in Call Transfers?

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Thu Jul 31 19:18:08 CDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 12:32 PM, Richard Siddall <cobalt at elirion.net> wrote:
> Steve Totaro wrote:
>> Anyways, I am up for bids.  The number is very memorable and to clear
>> things up, my number is 888, their number is 800, but someone messed
>> up and pucblished my number.
>>

> IANAL, but my understanding is that speculation on toll-free numbers is
> prohibited by the FCC.
>
> There seem to be a bunch of people on eBay trying to get around
> prohibition this by renting you toll-free numbers.
>
> Regards,
>
>        Richard Siddall

I am unsure what you are saying here about "speculation" please
provide a source for your info.

I would keep the number most likely and either route Canadian callers
to an IVR with offers in-line with with people in the same demographic
of being late on their cell phone bill or if a firm was very
interested, such as a prepaid Canadian cell phone company, I would
route the call directly to them.

US callers would go to the original destination that I obtained the
toll free number for.

Being a toll-free ANI is provided, although not foolproof but good
enough to separate the US caller from the Canadian cell phone line.

Does that qualify as "speculation"?  I am offered all kinds of junk
while on hold or listening to a greeting when calling X company on a
regular basis.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro