[asterisk-biz] Call Center Recording Round Two

Drew Gibson drew at oanda.com
Sun Jul 27 15:25:46 CDT 2008

kenny sigafoose wrote:
> To explain the specific scenario in more detail.
>
> I have to justify to my Development Manager that Asterisk Digium is a
> valid solution because we dont deploy many IP based systems (mostly
> Nortel, ESI and Mitel) and my customer's major need for their system is
>
> 1. To hold 4 extensions
> 2. 3 CO lines (analog)
> 3. Have recording capabilities to QA attendants (On atleast two of the
> four extensions for both incoming and outgoing automaticaly)

Hi Sig,

we have a call centre with 6 analogue lines and 6 office lines for over
100 staff on a Dell PE1800. All call centre calls are recorded to the
system disks, a pair of SATA drives with software RAID 1.

This system does not even break a sweat when the call centre is fully
loaded.
I would highly recommend a low-end server-class machine rather than a
high-end desktop for reliability reasons. We have had occasion to be
grateful for the dual power supplies!

Uptime has not been 5 9s but less than 30 mins downtime in two years (to
replace the above mentioned power supply  with simultaneously failed
single HDD)

regards,

Drew

--