[asterisk-biz] Reverse Scenario

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Sat Jul 19 02:41:06 CDT 2008

You can always cheat, Alice box calls Bob box which runs an agi and
creates a call file to call Alice box back.  This and maybe a 2 person
conf if the bridge capability on arbitrary channels isnt there, would be
a really quick (although somewhat ugly) solution that can probably be
whipped up in about 30 minutes.

On Sat, 2008-07-19 at 10:09 +0330, voip me wrote:
> Dear Mr. Karimi,
>
> We are a VOIP solution developer company. I think we could help you
> implement the situation. Please contact me off the list.
>
> Mohammad Shokuie Nia,
> voip.mide at gmail dot com
> or +98 21 88534473
>
> Regrads.
>

> On 17/07/2008, Ali Karimi <karimi.a at gmail.com> wrote:
>         Hi,
>
>         I have a client that wants the following scenario using
>         asterisk. I have done a similar and smaller scenario with
>         Cisco Call Manager, but being an asterisk beginner, I don't
>         think I can do it. So I needed some basic hints about each
>         part of the project. Maybe a line or a word saves me a lot of
>         time :)
>         I also wanted to know if anyone can do the whole thing as a
>         project.
>
>         I have a Caller Side and a Called Side. I need two asterisk
>         boxes set up like this:
>
>         1- Caller Side sends a call to Box 1
>         2- Box 1 puts the call on hold
>         3- Box 1 sends a call request to Box 2
>         4- Box 2 makes the requested call to Called Side
>         5- Box 2 calls Box 1
>         6- Box 2 connects the two calls: to Called Side and to Box 1
>         and can either leave the call or stay in line
>         7- Box 1 unholds the call from Caller Side and connects the
>         two calls: from Box 1 and from Caller Side while Box 2 stays
>         in line
>
>         Note: in step 3, there is a call request via email or sending
>         a file or whatever, there is no actual call or call setup
>         message.
>
>         The main purpose:
>         1- Call is actually from Caller Side to Called Side but Box 1
>         sees the call in opposite way.
>         2- Box 1 would not know of the Caller Side, it only sees the
>         Box 2 as the receiver of the call.
>
>         I know you cannot describe the whole scenario in an email,
>         what I need is a line or some words for each step :)  Or if
>         anyone can do the whole scenario, please send me an email for
>         further discussions.
>
>         Regards,
>

>         Ali

Belfast +44 28 9099 6461        US +1 516 687 5200