[asterisk-biz] Benchmark on Digium Wildcard TE410P

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Fri Jul 11 09:00:45 CDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 12:00 PM, Olivier Vermeulen <oliver at wvg-tele.com>
wrote:

>  Dear Sirs,
>

> What is recommended CPU for  2 x digium T410P cards 4xE1
>
> I'm trying to setup and TDM interconnect.
>

> I would need to load full capacity on both cards. What kind CPU would I
> need for that ?
>

> Anybody ran benchmarks ?
>

> Thanks,

Oliver,

I cannot give you a good benchmark (but this is a project that I am working
on).

The closest I can give you is a four port Sangoma card with 95 active
channels (NFAS PRI) with no echo can.  Simply acting as a TDM/SIP (ULAW)
gateway, NOTHING else.

A single core 3ghz xeon with a couple gigs of RAM ran at ~75% CPU load
(solid for months).

I know it is not much to go off of and there is a project in the works to
get much better benchmarks on a very wide spectrum of hardware and usage.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro