[asterisk-biz] asterisk on symbian ?

Stelios Koroneos skoroneos at digital-opsis.com
Tue Jul 8 03:58:16 CDT 2008

My first question might be, why would you want asterisk on a phone  (symbian
or other) ?
Except the obvius answer "because we can"  i don't see how it would make
sense, taking into account the amount of resources that would be required to
run it.
I have run asterisk for sometime now on a Neo phone
http://www.openmoko.com/product.html which has an xscale cpu and runs linux,
but there are other alternatives to asterisk for sip clients that make more
(design) sense.
But as it has been said before asterisk can be many things to many people,
so i would be interested to hear why asterisk on phone is something that
interests you

Stelios S. Koroneos

Digital OPSiS - Embedded Intelligence
http://www.digital-opsis.com <http://www.digital-opsis.com/>