[asterisk-biz] asterisk on symbian ?

Rehan Allah Wala rehan at supertec.com
Tue Jul 8 04:22:54 CDT 2008

I belive symbian 9 has sip stack inside it, ie in all new e series and n series, there is a sip
phone built in

Symbian based asterisk was for research purpose and maybe some new application in
future.

> On Mon, 07 Jul 2008 15:54:13 -0700, Rehan Allah Wala wrote:
> > So having said that, are we going to see a asterisk running on symbian
> > very soon ?
> >
> > http://www.symbianfoundation.org/
>
> wouldn't it be better to have an open source sip client running on symbian
> instead of asterisk as it is ? as i understand it, symbian is targetted at
> handheld devices like phones and tablets, not as a server operating
> system.
>
> --
> Regards,                           /\_/\   "All dogs go to heaven."
> dinesh at alphaque.com                (0 0)   http://www.openmalaysiablog.com/
> +==========================----oOO--(_)--OOo----==========================+
> | for a in past present future; do                                        |
> |   for b in clients employers associates relatives neighbours pets; do   |
> |   echo "The opinions here in no way reflect the opinions of my $a $b."  |
> | done; done                                                              |

Rehan Ahmed AllahWala
Msn/Yahoo/GoogleTalk/Email: Rehan at Rehan.com
http://www.supertec.com/ - Internet Telephony Solutions
Http://www.DIDX.net - DID Number Market Place.
Don't Remember Me ? Visit http://www.Rehan.com

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."
By Gandhi.

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." - Gandhi