[asterisk-biz] Nationwide DID's

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Thu Jul 3 22:11:37 CDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 19:53 -0700, Miles Scruggs wrote:
> Only one who hasn't paid up is ATT, and they will. I don't know if you
> are just hypothesizing or what but the realities are very different.
> In addition you get to recoup your legal costs as well, so I'm not
> sure why you even think that is an issue?
>
> If you are speaking from experience then all I can say is I'm sorry.

lessee who all isnt paying in various places..

sprint
AT&T (settled then recanted)
verizon
qwest
xo (they pay occasionally)
gblx
level3

and a couple of smaller guys.

Most of those carriers have also either sued or been sued over this
issue, so far they are all loosing but that does not equate to an
instant payment while they try to figure out if there is some other way
they can do something.

I have been doing this type of thing for many years (5?) and have seen
it happen in different places at different times.  In short if you are
small you can generally get away with it, once you get to a certain size
you will quickly see all the carriers stop paying (they do talk to each
other about this stuff).

All of those carriers right now (and a few more) currently have
outstanding balances they owe spanning close to 18 months, some are
closer to 2 years.  They may be paying you currently, but that can
change as it has happened to over 50 different LECs in the past.

Belfast +44 28 9099 6461        US +1 516 687 5200