[asterisk-biz] Nationwide DID's

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Jul 3 12:24:39 CDT 2008

Miles Scruggs wrote:

> What is also unstated is that you
> technically could offer origination at no cost at all since you still
> get revenue from reciprocal compensation from the carrier that you
> are receiving the call from.

Reciprocal comp at the federal tariff rate isn't very much, and
successfully collecting what you bill originating carriers in CABS -- as
opposed to just billing them -- is a whole different story.

Is this a reason why some people give away free inbound DIDs?  Absolutely.

But I wouldn't go so far as to say that this is a compelling reason for
anyone to do it.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems