[asterisk-biz] anyone want to take a look at a RFP?

Bret Peterson bret.peterson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 11:46:24 CDT 2008

Hi All,

I am not sure if this is the right list to post this to but the company that
I work for is getting ready to release an RFP for a new phone system and
personally, I think that Asterisk/Trixbox would be a great fit given all the
"we have to have" capabilities that they are requesting (in house conference
calling...video conferencing...remote office call tracking...call
recording...and other call center capabilities). My recommendations have
been pushed aside in the past and will probably be pushed aside again but I
would like to get at least a proposal or two to throw into the ring to show
the powers that be that this is a viable solution and cost effective. The
funny thing is that the new network administrator that is writing the
proposal had a salesman just stop by his desk and start touting asterisk as
"the perfect solution for conference calling for you all! Have you ever
heard of it?" I couldn't resist and had to pipe in but he is not selling any
of the other capabilities. Just made me sort of laugh. I also had a Cisco
guy last year ask me if I had ever heard of Trixbox or Asterisk...they were
starting to sell it as a low end solution for those who couldn't afford
Cisco Call Manager...

I hope that Jim Capp and his gang take a look since Jim is an old friend and
a "wicked smart guy" but let me know and I will send a copy of the RFP to
anyone interested...

Thanks for your time,

Bret