[asterisk-biz] Distributed Call Center -- Please Help define

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Thu Jan 31 18:11:18 CST 2008

On Jan 31, 2008 6:58 PM, Naveed Nazir <naveed_nazir at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have an opportunity to bid for setting up and management of a distributed
> call center. The client plans to grow to 1000 seats between multiple
> locations.
>
> Can some one guide me to the solutions available out there (commercial &
> open source). I would also like to hear about your good  or bad experiences
> with a particular solution, or their known quirks.
>
> What kind of numbers are we talking about. What would the team recommend as
> a good distributed architecture.
>
> Are there any providers of 800 toll free service that can take the call
> nationally, then make a SIP or SS7 querry to our database engine and
> terminate to a dynamically assigned number anywhere in the country using our
> response. Ideally, we would like to be in the media stream for monitoring /
> recording / quality control purposes.
>
> Feel free to contact me offlist with any proposals.
> Thanks for your help in advance.
> Naveed

If I were you, I would build it myself, but I am not and never will be.

I suggest you partner up with UCN and their InContact product if you
need to do this somewhat quickly and do not have the skillset or
ability to hire the resources to make it happen yourself.

For anyone that wants ideas on a cool Asterisk GUI, take a look at
some of their demos.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro