[asterisk-biz] LDAP

Alex Pilosov alex at pilosoft.com
Sun Jan 27 20:48:11 CST 2008

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008, Mike Hammett wrote:

> Someone asked why I didn't use some sort of directory system like
> eDirectory, LDAP, Active Directory, etc. within my VoIP operation.  I
> shrugged my shoulders and said I dunno, that's just not how I've seen
> things.  A friend of mine also once told me that I should have an LDAP
> server, but I forget how\why it would be used.
>
> Those of you using LDAP (or another directory system), how are you using
> it?
<flame>
Some people ask me why don't I use some kind of a clue (brain,
consultants, etc) within my VoIP operation. I shrugged my shoulders and
said I dunno, that's just not how I've seen things. A friend of mine also
once told me that I should have a brain, but I forget how\why it should be
used.

Those of you using a brain (or other clue-substitute), how are you using
it?

</flame>

Seriously, that gotta be one of dumbest posts ever on -biz. You can
substitute "LDAP" with "database" and it'd make as much sense.

Gah.

-alex