[asterisk-biz] Fonality Teams with Dell

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Jan 23 17:26:07 CST 2008

Trixter aka Bret McDanel wrote:

> Even if it werent clear they dont *have* to, infact if there is a
> modification to the code base other than for interoperability you *cant*
> make it clear that its based on asterisk.

I know it's a subtle point, and I am not a lawyer nor do I wish to start
a flamewar, but the trademark policy does not mean they cannot claim it
to be 'based on Asterisk', they just cannot call it 'Asterisk' without
acknowledging that it is in fact a different product from what Digium
distributes and calls 'Asterisk'. In fact Digium would encourage them to
proudly claim that it is based on Asterisk!

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies