[asterisk-biz] Fonality Teams with Dell

Gregory Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Wed Jan 23 14:34:57 CST 2008

> The fact that 3com and Dell are entering this space with open source
> means that this space will be huge!
>
> How we all do along side these companies depends on us.

Commoditization of the space is an inevitability. Those that can embrace
this and work in conjunction w/ these distributors will find success. But it
certainly won't be in selling Box A or Box B. It's not the hardware that
brings the revenue.. it is the support and ability to create a sustainable,
recurring revenue model using the tools that you have at your disposal. I
for one, am excited to see the competition heat up.. it means that I'll have
more choices for my customers and I'll have to spend less time customizing
my own hardware platforms and more time standardizing my deployment and
support options.