[asterisk-biz] Operator Console design

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Tue Jan 22 15:45:52 CST 2008

Scott Plante wrote:
> Lee Jenkins wrote:
>  > ...
>  > The UI is also being modified to accommodate ... a separate 10" touch
> screen based panel
>  > which can be placed on a desk for high volume receptionist areas like
> this particular client has.
>  > ...
> Oooooh, neat! What particular touch panel are you thinking of?

Hi Scott,

I don't have any in particular in mind but I prefer ELO based products (if not
actual ELO products).  I think I've seen some smaller 7" screens around too
which would be nice given the premium of real estate on my own desk, but a
clamped on articulated arm might do in a pinch.

We already have a lot of touch screen based design experience with our company's
p.o.s. application, which make it a bit easier.  This Maestro application was
for a business partner who needed it and we cut them a break on the development
in return for retaining rights to the software.

Writing Asterisk related software is pretty fun and enjoyable for me so I get a
double bonus ;)

--
Warm Regards,

Lee

"Everything I needed to learn in life, I learned selling encyclopedias door to
door."