[asterisk-biz] Rugged Wifi SIP phones

Nitzan Kon nk3569 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 17 15:39:18 CST 2008

--- Dean Collins <Dean at cognation.net> wrote:

> Lol - famous last words..... take the time to install dect base
> stations upfront Or Spend a boatload of time fixing problems with
poor
> wifi handset capabilities and cell station handover issues later.

Kinda thinking along the same lines.. while wi-fi handsets WILL be the
"next big thing" in VoIP in the future (once they go "mainstream"), at
this point I bet it would cost more in time AND $ to deploy wi-fi
handsets than it would take to deploy ATAs+DECT or something of the
sort.

The only exception is if they really do have square miles to cover...

  -- Nitzan