[asterisk-biz] Monit with sip checking

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Wed Jan 16 11:37:25 CST 2008

I added a patch to monit which gives it the ability to check for real
sip responses instead of just checking if the port is bound.  I thought
people here may be able to help me test it :)

http://www.0xdecafbad.com/index.php/2008/01/16/monit-now-with-extra-spicy-sip-flavour

Previously it would only check if the port was bound, and if the kernel
answered the accept (for tcp), it would not really test if the program
behind that port was responding.  This sends an OPTIONS packet and
verifies the response.  It ensures that you really do get a response
that is valid, which means that its a bit better than the old way of the
generic port strobing test.

Belfast +44 28 9099 6461        US +1 516 687 5200