[asterisk-biz] IAX Channels limit on Asterisk 1.4.17

Craig Lawrence craig at mytel.net.au
Tue Jan 15 23:24:35 CST 2008

Has anyone managed to go past 256 concurrent IAX channels on Asterisk
1.4 (specifically 1.4.17)?  We seem to have struck a limitation on the
current build.  Digium support is looking at the issue but there doesn't
seem to be a working fix at this stage.

I'm not looking for tech advice, just wondering whether other providers
are able to run more than 256 IAX channels on a single server. We're
running multiple Dell 2950 machines with 2 x Xeon 5160's in each.

Thanks

Craig Lawrence