[asterisk-biz] teliax out?

David Aldworth daldworth at teliax.com
Sat Jan 12 19:06:13 CST 2008

Andrew, you asked for t.38 we told we would try, as several of our upstream
carriers claimed to support it, and it didn't work. Done. This has already
been hashed out here and you were rightly put in your place by a neutral
third party:

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-biz/2007-December/024571.html

Then, you asked for us to port numbers away from a company, Deltacom I
think. And that you had a dispute with them. Deltacom rejected the port and
we needed additional information. We called you and emailed you and emailed
and called you and then called and emailed you some more. You chose NOT to
provide the requested information and after they disconnected the numbers
(for non-payment) you made a positive decision to NOT have Teliax continue
to pursue the port (something we have done successfully in the past since,
by FCC rule, they cannot prevent a port due to a billing conflict).

Lastly, we already issued credit to your Amex card! The same flippin' day
you asked for it (Jan 7). It takes 7 days to post (not our rule, Amex's).

I find it incredibly arrogant you take no responsibility for having your
numbers disconnected. I find it incredibly negative and distasteful that you
choose to drag your dirty laundry out into this forum (at least Mike's
complaint was warranted, our merchant ISO sucks at parsing Canadian postal
codes). We genuinely wanted to work with and help you. That's why I answered
your solicitation. It didn't work, I'm sorry, and may the next service
provider you try to work with be warned...

With regards,

David Aldworth
Teliax Inc.
http://www.teliax.com/